Question: What if I don’t own a jointer?
Question: How are credit card payments processed?
Question: Are the plans easy to understand?
Question: Is the board built from a kit?
- Question: How much does it cost to build a hollow wooden longboard surfboard?
- Answer: You can build a board for as little as $100 depending on the cost of wood and type wood selected.
- Question: What tools are needed to build the hollow longboard surfboard?
- Answer:Saber saw (also known as “Jig Saw”), Skill saw, Belt sander, Table saw (optional but desired), Power Drill, Clamps
- Question: What if I don’t own a jointer?
- Answer: No jointer is needed to build this wooden surfboard.
- Question: Do I need any experience building wood surfboards?
- Answer: No experience in surfboard building is required but woodworking experience is needed. You would need expert woodworking trade proficiency but would need basic woodworking skills learned in a high-school shop class. I have had boy scout groups and high-school shop classes build this surfboard using these exact plans.
- Question: Why are full size surfboard plans important for building the hollow wood surfboard?
- Answer: For many reasons having full size plans are important: Easier to build, quicker setup time (less time drawing parts), proven design for usability, proven design for structural integrity, easier to build multiple boards.
- Question: How long does delivery of the surfboard plans, surfboard blueprints / ebook take?
- Answer: The ebook and full size template of the surfboard will be available for download immediately after payment. It is all completely automated and your full size surfboard template will be available the minute your secure paypal or credit card payment goes through. You could be building the same day you purchase the plans. Your surfboard construction information will be available after the payment page and will be downloaded in a PDF format. Download could take several minutes depending on internet speed.
- Question: How are credit card payments processed?
- Answer: Payments for the full size plans and ebook are processed through Clickbank – a verified vendor that has preformed millions of flawless and secure transactions.
- Question: Does the ebook include full size templates for the ribs and spar of the surfboard?
- Answer: YES, a printable full size surfboard plans/ surfboard blueprints for the 9 foot longboard is included with templates for the rib and spars and fin. No other ebook on the internet provides this full size plan.
- Question: Can you modify the plans to build a longer wood surfboard?
- Answer: After seeing the procedures in the book most builders are surprised to see how easy it is to modify the plans to make the surf board longer or wider.
- Question: Why do you send an electronic book rather than a printed book?
- Answer: Actually you don’t need a hard copy of the entire “how to build a surfboard” book. There are really just a few pages that you might want for reference. Just print out those pages and you save money. Of course you can always print the entire book if you want with one click. Whatever you decide, the PDF file works on both PCs and Macs. The shipping and printing savings is passed on to you so can build your own hollow long board for less money.
- Question: Don’t I need full size surboard plans to work from?
- Answer: Some others of cut corners and do not offer full size templates and plans but most builders want and need a surfboard template to work from at least for the first board. There would be many ways to spend hours and hours building a beautifully handcrafted wooden surfboard only find out it doesn’t work in the water. If you ever built a model airplane you will understand why full size plans are great. Other information without full size plans from other vendors for making a surfboard and information costs way more.
- Question: Can I print the full size surfboard blueprint on my home printer?
- Answer: YES, The longboard plans are printed in 56 pages (8×11.5). The pages are labeled clearly and numbered and can be taped or glued to a workbench to be full size plans. The plans can also be reprinted as many times as you like for future use. The full size plans are 10 feet long and 3 feet wide but can be printed on any home computer.
- Question: Are the surfboard plans or surfboard templates easy to understand?
- Answer: These “blueprints” are very easy to understand and include pictures of every part of the process.
- Question: Aren’t hollow wood surfboards boards heavy and for silver surfers?
- Answer: A hand crafted wooden surfboard is a classic work of art that any surfer of any age would be proud to be seen on. The demographic of buyer is usually the middle aged surfer with more time and those that enjoy the history of surfing.
- Question: Is the board built from a surfboard kit?
- Answer: No. These wooden surfboards boards are cut and built by the builder with wood available from most building supply stores. The individual pieces are simple shapes that in many cases interlock and are easy to cut out. A kit may save a little time but in the time you waited for them to ship (and the extra cost) you could have your built.
- Question: Do you offer discounts to active military, schools, or youth organizations what want to know how to build a surfboard / longboard?
- Answer: Yes, I have offered discounts to these groups since 2003. Please email me with information about your group or active military status and I will supply a coupon code for a 25% discount.